Is Change Management actually failing us?
In a recent survey of 40 corporate IT infrastructure managers a surprising 60% admitted that their processes to handle change are not effective in communicating and coordinating changes occurring within their production environment.
Among the key findings of the study:-
- Not all changes are logged 95%
- Changes not thoroughly tested 90%
- Lack of process enforcement 85%
- Poor change communication and dissemination 65%
- Lack of centralized process ownership 60%
- Lack of change approval policy 50%
-Frequent change notification - after the fact 40%
By drawing some clear distinctions between the scope and nature of change management and of change control, this article hopes to point a way for otherwise competent organizations to address their deficits in handling changes to the IT infrastructure.
Read The Full Article Here