Although not solely about ITIL, we thought you would not want to miss this excellent 13 page free white paper from EDS (www.eds.com) covering the process of IT Strategy creation, deliviery and execution.
It's a powerful paper and one that will complement your ITIL implementation and approach.
There are also several well thought through diagrams to assist you with the process approach described.
The paper's contents (and page numbers) are:-
- Introduction 1
- Encountering the hurdles 1
- The solution proposal 2
- The problem analysis — IT area 2
- The solution for the IT area 3
- Process layers 3
- The solution elements 4
- Element 1 — The technology repository 4
- Element 2 — The technical community 5
- Element 3 — Incentive techniques 7
- Element 4 — Integration between the elements 8
- Element 5 — The right balance 9
- Element 6 — Ground rules 9
- Why the IT Strategy
- Management Process is a process 10
- Implementation pitfalls 10
- Considerations when adapting the process to non-IT areas 11
- Finding additional details 11
- Conclusion 11
- References 12
- About the authors 13
Access the White Paper here...
Please tell us what you think about this white paper by posting a comment below? Is it useful information for you? Would you like more articles on IT Strategy? Share your thoughts...